• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 24, 2021

    DOOM Sniff.

    DOOM Sniff.


    Sniff.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    Look what arrived today

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    My drawing of Nekravol based on a concept art

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    I accidentally chainsawed the wrong demons, not just once, but three times

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    Another Demon that got shafted. Should've been in Eternal and/or it's DLC.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    Gotta love our Hugo.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    A doom hunter kitbash I made way back in 2018 when his ingame look was shown off. I’ve gotten a lot better at kitbashing since then but I still think he looks pretty good :)

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    With all the TAG2 backlash, I think this community needs to recognize that it's a loud minority, and that the update is a major plus for DOOM players at large.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Long story incoming, but it details my experience with DOOM Eternal and its DLCs, and how it pertains to the average player base.

    I consider myself above average skilled and above average invested in DOOM. I played a little of the classics, loved 2016 and played through it multiple times. I followed the leadup to Eternal very closely, learning all I could and frequenting this subreddit up until release day, and I absolutely could not put the game down after that. I loved the depth of the combat and the clever traversal mechanics. I even loved the challenge of the Marauder the moment I faced him, and would defend him to my friends who thought he was bullshit.

    I went on to follow content creators like UnderTheMayo, where I learned more about the more advanced strategies of the game, and followed as closely as I could considering I'm a console player.

    Now, as a console player, with that above average skill and investment, and full intention of completing the DLCs, TAG1 absolutely destroyed me. My raging sweaty play sessions of TAG1 left my fingers cramping and my head pounding. I actually dreaded booting it up again to play and I stopped recommending it to my other console-playing friends who I could not convince the Marauder was a good idea. Things like the slayer gates and the entire Holt level I was not able to do with my limited amount of time in the day without playing on much lower difficulties than I'm used to, and even then it was a struggle. Did I feel accomplished when I beat it? Yes. But I could not recommend it to my less-invested friends.

    Now, booting up TAG2 and expecting another sweat-fest, I actually wound up really enjoying it. Sure, I was pushed to my limits and had to utilize all the tools I learned, but the pacing, and most importantly, the amount of fun I was having was incredible (remember fun? The reason we play games?). Maybe I expected the armored Baron to be a little more unique from the regular Baron, or the Screecher to at least have its own model and behaviors, or the Hell Troopers to be something interesting to fight (they are listed as an ambient enemy though). But considering the dev team was working from home under a deadline to get the year 1 DLC out before a year was up, I didn't mind, because overall I was still enjoying myself, and was having an experience I could recommend to others.

    I think everyone here gets their head wrapped in this Ultra-Nightmare, PC playing, optimized gameplay mindset when that is really a small percentage of the entire player base. Is Eternal made for a more skilled and invested audience? Yes. But difficulty levels mean something. In DOOM's case, I feel they work like this:

    • I'm Too Young to Die: Easy, for people who haven't really played shooters before.
    • Hurt Me Plenty: Normal, for people familiar with shooters.
    • Ultra Violence: Hard, for people familiar with DOOM's mechanics.
    • Nightmare: Very hard, for people who want an extra challenge.
    • Ultra-Nightmare: The ultimate challenge for mastering DOOM.

    Now, though the DLC should bump up the difficulty a little bit, these values should still apply. I thought I qualified as someone in the Ultra Violence category for DOOM, but I had to step it down for certain arenas in TAG1 (I only ever did that insane Holt Slayer Gate on I'm Too Young to Die). With TAG2, these difficulties feel much more in-line, and the updates to TAG1 feel more in-line as well.

    Is Ultra-Nightmare maybe too easy now for TAG2 compared to what it should be? Maybe, but I don't think I'll ever be able to take on the Ultra-Nightmare challenge. And that's just it, most players won't be playing at that level. The point of Eternal is to push players a little bit out of their comfort zones into the fun zone, not the sweat zone. Those extra difficulty levels are there for that.

    Should id tune the higher difficulties for the players wanting a challenge? Absolutely. But for the actual majority of players who don't frequent this subreddit or watch YouTube videos about how to master the gameplay, the DLC should be manageable under the expectations lined out in the difficulty levels. People have limited time in the day, and typically a whole host of other ways to spend their time, so why spend time being frustrated with a single game?

    I think this community needs to realize that for every elite player with an optimized game strategy complaining that TAG2 is too easy, there's at least five average players who quietly put down TAG1 because it was too difficult and stressful and they weren't having fun. I think those five players would enjoy TAG2, just like I have.

    Hopefully id is able to tune the higher difficulties to give back the level of challenge that used to be there, but as it stand right now, I think this is the best time for an average player to play through Eternal and its DLC.

    TL;DR: TAG2 and the updates to TAG1 are incredibly fun for the majority of DOOM players, and the sweatlords in the community are a small (but very dedicated and vocal) minority that id has catered to plenty in the past.

    submitted by /u/FatChalupa
    [link] [comments]

    I FUCKING DID IT HOLY SHIT

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    Guys look its the

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    Demon go bye bye

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    Guys! After a month of suffering I finally did it!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    so I decided to make a update 5 tier list after the whole nerf fiasco

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Cool advice, I don’t know what an email address has to do with combat tips but... yeah.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    My fastest secret encounter

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    After months of waiting it finally arrived, the original helmet

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    I'm finally in the cool kids club :')

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    Hybrid phazon-argent dark samus (art by substance20)

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    On my 4th attempt, I finally did it, thank you ID software for this incredible game.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    I did a thing

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    I have been replaying Skyrim lately, so have a Daedric Prince Slayer.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    The longer the Icon of Sin is on my shelf, the cuter he becomes!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    Im quirky

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment