• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 8, 2021

    DOOM Was in the Doomish mood sketching this weekend - my own demonic creation!

    DOOM Was in the Doomish mood sketching this weekend - my own demonic creation!


    Was in the Doomish mood sketching this weekend - my own demonic creation!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Hugo: "Maykrs become Cthulhu monsters ��" ...wait...WAIT

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    The Slayer’s Mission on Earth

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Doom Eternal Parody Boss Descriptions

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    Just took this

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    Super Saiyan God Slayer!!!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Info round-up from the new McVicker interview with Hugo Martin today

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/WRm1jxpyVr0

    What Hugo has said today:

    • A prequel comic taking place between 2016 and Eternal is planned, though it seems a way off yet.

    • The Fortress of Doom has belonged to Doomguy since he was fighting alongside the Sentinels. He didn't just "stumble upon it." This was implied to be something we'd learn more about.

    • How Doomguy got Deag Nilox's soul token is also going to be material for the comic.

    • Samur is confirmed to not be dead, and Hugo says that he can't elaborate on his current status just yet - both because he "can't say" and they "don't know yet." To me, this heavily implies he will return in a future game.

    • Without the Father having a physical form, all of Urdak will now be slowly transfigured like Samur was. They are slowly undergoing the process now. It won't kill them, but merely mutate them.

    • The development of the story had apparently been mapped out as far back at 2016, but it was more "broad strokes" than anything specific.

    • Hugo acknowledges the lore transmission hasn't been great, and says in future games he wanted to get better at conveying information on-screen rather than in codexes.

    • VEGA had no idea who he was until returned to Urdak, and he is slowly remembering information from his past life over time.

    • Samuel went rogue to some degree and has his own interests separate from the Father's. The plan to blow up VEGA in 2016 was sort of hinting at this. It's less about him wanting to be powerful, but more about his control over the situation sort of getting to his head. This trait was also what helped the Dark Lord manipulate him.

    • The "mysterious voice" in Urdak was always meant to remain an unknown factor. Hugo reaffirms that this is meant to establish something greater beyond Davoth.

    • Davoth never created Doomguy, instead simply capitalizing on someone that just happened to get involved. So we still don't know why Doomguy looks like Davoth. It's apparently connected to the Urdak voice and has to do with the Primevals.

    • The reason Davoth trapped the Slayer and tried to kill him in previous games is because Doomguy was sort of a failed experiment - in that he could not be manipulated by Hell. Davoth took a gamble in giving Doomguy his powers and lost.

    • Hugo admits that the Sentinels getting to Immora is a genuine plothole, though some of them were already trapped in Hell.

    • Doom 3 has no lore connections to the mainline series.

    That's all folks. Definite hints at the next game, if you ask me.

    submitted by /u/Kaiju-Man257
    [link] [comments]

    Doom Eternal DLC is so enjoyably difficult that it made me better at other shooters.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    Some background.Im a casual fan of doom. I animated the Smash Bros Doom Guy vid a while back as a joke that ended up blowing up. I played a handful of WADs back in the day, but I def am no expert.

    I beat 2016 and Eternal on Ultra-Violence originally. I sought a challenge, but I wanted to enjoy the visuals and atmosphere first. I didn't want to fumble with hotkeys in a game where Im still being surprised by newer and newer mechanics. After I beat them, I was satisfied and put them to rest for now. Time passes, and both parts of the Ancient Gods are released. I decided I knew what I was doing and put it on Nightmare difficulty..

    ...and it violated my innocence.

    With the demon numbers increased, I sought every advantage I could. My keybinds were optimized so swapping was second nature, my mouse space tripled in size, my breathing was paced like a marathon runner, and my pupils dilated with every encounter. Once spirits were introduced, my situational awareness reached omnipotent levels. While Im dealing with a ghost, I'll make sure that the mancubus doesn't get cheap shots on me. Every time I heard the weakspot window pop off from those shielded makyrs or armored demons my crosshairs tracked them with the efficiency of a terminator. This game beat my ass over and over. I never gave up and I reached a zen state after enough deaths where Id get the perfect run. It was a great time.

    Then I took it to Apex Legends.

    My decision making in my ranked Apex Legends Games became bolder. I was able to land sniper shots I couldnt previously because of all the pixel-sized weakpoints Ive hit midair at high speeds. Even if the gameflow is different, playing something like Doom is like a mental pre-workout. I'd see a lot of discussion on Eternal's DLC difficulty with often mixed feelings. On a bigger scale, its possible Im off base,but as a personal account I just want to thank the devs for making an amazing game. They made some risky choices that could frustrate a general audience , but there is a fantastic gem of a game if you can get passed it.

    Now its time to do the Ultra Nightmare run.

    submitted by /u/KeithGarces
    [link] [comments]

    My best run yet.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    Every Demon has the Perfect way to kill em

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    The Virgin: I beat ultra nightmare vs The Chad: I got 13k slayer points.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    Had spare Imps so made som new varieties, the Summoner (based on summoner and early 2016 imp concept art) and the Prowler and their Cursed cousins (I left the mouths because I liked the look)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    doomguy breaking his wrists

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    A cyber minotaur, a cyber demon mixed with a minotaur from greek myth.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    The closest thing history has to a Doom slayer.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Gamer created playable 'DOOM' on cross-stitch

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:26 AM PDT

    Epicccxxxx

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    2 more bits of Doom (Gameboy Doom sequel)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    Behold! The complete DOOM themed fantasy army, taking inspiration from nearly 30 years of sprites and game models! Thankyou to all who have liked and left kind messages on my model spam

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    All this time spent making Demon Skins to only have them usable in a Battlemode that how many people play?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    This and grenade on the racecar HUD are my two PLEASE ID things right now, and yes Hugo, I would prefer the grenade on the HUD before a Master Level, since it would enhance said Master Level :)

    I know it's a Tech thing and more complicated than I can imagine but I think it's an investment in themselves!

    submitted by /u/Roffet
    [link] [comments]

    - Hey Hoge what this? - I found BFG9000, one of the most powerful Doom's weapons.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Floating raw meatball

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    Someone knows how to do this?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    Community

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Just beat tag2 and now I'm watching Hugo talk about plot holes, dlc, things like that and it's good to hear from him and being on here how actually positive the community is lol.

    submitted by /u/St0rm32_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment